Monday, May 26, 2014

Two Weeks in One Post!

Ok... Here are two weeks worth of emails.  I guess I was a little slothful last week and didn't get it up.  Some of the information will seem a little redundant, because it's from two separate weeks. :)

Elder Norma, Elder Taborga, and Joshua


So, changes happened! And guess what? I have a latino... Who doesn´t know a lick of English. He´s pretty cool though. He wants to help me learn more, and he plays soccer pretty well. I don´t have any pics with him yet, but I do finally have a pic to share! And my camera didn´t get stolen! 2 bonuses in 1 day! His name is Elder Prada, and he´s from Columbia. From what I can tell, he´s the oldest in his family and he´s been out on the Mission Field for about 6 or so months.
Other news, I´m going to be made secretary in my ward! Yeah, now it´s my job to get the over 90% inaccuracy of our records down a couple of percent. We have about 940 people on our ward list but we only have about 45 on average attending per week. And that average will go down once it starts raining in a couple of weeks. Fun stuff right!?
Other than that, I got a new nick name! The new zone leader calls me Messi, because I´m the only one in the zone with a Messi jersey. I seriously want to buy a blank chile jersey and get my name stamped on it. That would be legit!
Joshua with the 7' 3" Elder Skaeblin

Hi ya´ll!
Yeah, still going strong! Hopefully...
Anyways, I have a new companion! His name is Elder Prada, and he´s pretty legit. He´s from Columbia, and he wants to help me learn spanish. In about a week, I can understand a lot better now, and I think I´ve made a new friend. He´s really awesome. It´s like hanging out with Mark and Cameran again... Oh the good old days.

Anyways! We´ve got some prime investigators this week! And all three have accepted the invitation to be baptised!!! AH! Super excited! All of them have some problems that they need to take care of, but with the spirit and determination, I know that they can be baptism worthy.
From Nichols I learned how to work, from Prada I´m learning how to teach. It´s a pretty good trade off, don´t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting Joshua on his mission to Chile. Only positive comments, anything else will not be posted. Have a great day!