Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Call!

So, this week's been good! I got to skype with my parents, and I'm learning spanish, as always! I'm hoping I'll have enough spanish under my belt before next monday so when I do get a latino I will be able to survive! I also found out that I only eat 10 bucks worth of food every week... Losing weight sucks 
I seem to have forgotten to mention what it is that I'm actually doing here... Well, right now we are working a lot with the ward list. Why? Because we have over a thousand names on our ward list, none of them have cell numbers, about 50 or so don't have addresses, and over 90% of the people on the list have moved out.
And because we have no idea where anyone lives except for the missionaries, they're putting us to work updating the member records and reactivations. I'm still in a baptising mission, but here, if you can get someone reactivated, it's practically the same as a baptism.
We're also starting a new program that involves member divisions. This is something that the church is trying to beta, so my mission is 1 out of 4 that's trying it out! Except we were already doing this system so it doesn't really change anything, just the set of numbers we turn in every week. The idea is that we go on divisions with members to help them realize the importance of missionary work and member retention. Hopefully this will help the amount of converted baptisms (note the word converted) and active members.
Other than that, not much else is going on. I'm freaking out a bit because I lose my fantastic trainer in a week and I have to hold up the sector until my next comp gets aquainted enough to help me out. Ojala, everything goes well.
Hopefully...
I can tell you guys are praying for me, and please keep it up! I need as much spiritual reinforcement as I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting Joshua on his mission to Chile. Only positive comments, anything else will not be posted. Have a great day!