Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Week of Companions

Joshua had a very interesting week. I'm going to share bits and pieces of here. Some of you may have already received the group email. 
He named the email "The Week of Companions" and compared it to a Star Trek episode....


Instead of being in a star ship stuck in space, I´m in another country serving a mission! So I guess the latter is a better experience!
Tuesday, we went to therapy again, and while we were in the mission office, we ran into our Zone Leaders, Elder Babbitt and Elder Chavez. Elder Babbitt just got his wisdom teeth out (the name for those is so much cooler in Spanish, the dientes de juicio, or translated, the teeth of justice) so he decided it would be a good idea to do divisions. We agreed, so I went home with Elder Chavez to do divisions. HOWEVER, in both sectors because I had appointments and he had set appointments as well. So we managed 2 sectors that are about 20 minutes apart from each other by foot. And none of us had money so we could not afford a taxi. We went to a cita in his sector and taught a super cool family that got baptized this last Saturday, and then we went to my sector to my investigator family of gold (Isabel and Daniela). They had their whole family there, I shared a thought about our purpose here and why our message is important, AND WE GOT REFERENCES FOR THE OTHER MISSIONARIES TO TEACH!!!
Wednesday, we got up early so we could do contacting in the subway. Why early? Because neither of us could sleep. So we went with two other elders from the house and got to the subway station at about 8. I forgot to mention that I still absolutely suck at contacts. So we passed out pass along cards and getting to know people. The first person I talked to was super nice until I gave him the card, and he completely rejected me. That wasn´t fun. I kept offering him the card but he said that there are other people that could use it more than him.
Thursday, got back to the house after doing contacts in the street market (didn´t go very well, but I did get some stuff I needed). We said our goodbyes to Babbitt and Chavez, and they left.
Friday, did divisions with Elder Ware. We had several people contact us! Not bad people, just a guy that knew the bible and the new testament like the back of his hand but did not have a belief in Jesus (seriously, that guy has read 3 different versions of the bible and written essays on the thing), and 2 evangelico missionaries. That was interesting. They all said that we could come back and share, just they said that we might be converted to their religions. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Saturday, did divisions with Elder Taborga again. He was almost hit by a car, nothing much happened that day, just I only saved a life (about time, so busy saving everyone else´s spiritual lives and I haven´t saved a physical one yet?)
Sunday, I GOT TO SEE MY COMP AGAIN! I almost cried... Super long week. I finally got to rest spiritually in church and start again with some appointments afterwards.
All in all, in one week, I had 5 companions, and a whole bunch of new experiences and new people. Because of that, I am now perpetually tired... BUT STILL LIVING BABY! WHEW!
Joshua actually ate this hot dog..
50 cm or about 18 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting Joshua on his mission to Chile. Only positive comments, anything else will not be posted. Have a great day!