Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Two Weeks of Emails in One Post (Again - yup I'm a slacker)

August 20, 2014 Email

So, this sector is really cool. Seriously.
So recently I have been getting sick... Sucks a ton, my throat is clogged 24-7 and my nose is literally a waterfall on drugs... hopefully I can still work. I hate being indoors.

We have campo! In other words, fields... Huge, massive Fields... It is super cool. We hiked out to one of them when we had nothing else to do and everyone was inside. So we went contacting out there! We weren't very welcome there, but it was alright. Im really learning how to do contacts with Elder Dueñas. (I asked Joshua what he meant by fields, it's farmland.)
Dueñas is really cool. Hes got a sick accent from Peru, and his voice completely changes when hes speaking in Spanish. Hes not fluent in Spanish, but we are working on it together. Ive also been helping him out with the lessons, mainly because he literally has no time out in the field. Then again, neither do I! We have a lot to learn and only 3 months to do it! Hopefully my Spanish will get a lot better this change.
Um, Tank this week has been locked inside... I think his owner got sick of him following us everywhere and finally locked him up... I miss that dog. I don't have any photos of him to send yet, but Ill get them there.
Other than that, I'm still learning everyone, I still have difficulty remembering peoples names. Were going to try very hard to improve this sector, and I have a couple of ideas to strengthen the ward up. Still working hard, still in Chile...
Love all of you a lot, sorry I don't have too many impressive stories or anything, and I'm terrible at sending pictures. Please forgive me.
Love,
Elder Faber

August 27, 2014 Email's 

This week Timo Tio (the local neighborhood drunk) was yelling at everyone. "Oy! Los chicos alla son mis amigos!" "Oy tio! Nesicita dejar bebiendo vino!" "No! No puedo! No puedo!" The guy is super holarious. We also got another free taxi ride from him, and determined when he isn´t drunk, he´s drunk. Even when he´s not drunk he´s acting like a drunk. Do not worry, he´s a pretty decent driver.
They moved Prada out so he can recover in a smaller sector, so we have 2 elders in my old spot that do no know the area or any of the people they are supposed to visit. Luckily I get to go back and talk to them for A BAPTISM! AND GUESS WHAT! I´M BAPTIZING ISABEL!
Alright, the rest of my email is going to be dedicated to Conner Thredgold... I really didn´t know the guy very well, but I grew up with him and was in the same school and class as he was up until high school. From what I can remember, he was a really cool kid. Super social, and really liked to have fun. I´m sorry that he´s gone know... Right now he´s in the spirit world, still continuing the work, helping the people that didn´t have the chance in this life to change understand and hear the gospel. Peter 4:6 talks more about how the dead will have a chance to hear the gospel, accept the principles and accept the baptism that we offer them on ear. It´s like being a permanent missionary! That would be amazing... I love being a missionary, and I know that he´s happy right now continuing the work.
The plan of salvation is pretty legit. I think it´s become one of my favorite lessons to teach, just because it´s central to everything we do on this earth.
Well, I hope you all have a good week. Know that I love you guys, and that I´m doing my best.

Forgot to mention, but we have been teaching English! We´re teaching a ton of kids every Friday in some apartment buildings and we got to go to a school and teach! I got a really cool reference out of it! She was super interested and wanted the missionaries to come and teach her! super excited. Her mom was baptized a while ago and is inactive now, hopefully they´ll get a baptism and a reactivation out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting Joshua on his mission to Chile. Only positive comments, anything else will not be posted. Have a great day!