Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Prisoner In His Own House

Title for an interesting week?
So, tomorrow is another one of those Dia de Joven Combatientes that we have to stay inside for... ALL THE WHOLE STINKEN DAY. I do not mind though, mainly because last night people started going crazy and we heard several gun shots go off a couple of streets away. I think I'm going to avoid windows for a really, really long time... We have to be inside by 6 tonight because most of the activities for the 11th start at around 10 ish or so today, so we have to be super cautious.
I'm learning how to grow, a lot. My comp has decided to dedicate "Faber Weeks", in which I get to make all of the decisions. What we are going to do, where are we going to eat, and planning. Why? Probably because hes getting sick of my inability to make decisions... Doing a lot of growing (hopefully physically will come within the next year and four months) and a lot of reading. Did you know that the Old Testament is super weird and you should really just stick with the New Testament and the Book of Mormon? Thats where all the good stuff is at. Not saying that the Old is not inspired writings, its just full of some pretty sketchy stuff.
So this week I did a lot of contacting, again. HOWEVER! I do have a story! (Finally huh?)
So we found this really cool menos activo called Pedro. We never saw this kid until about a week ago. Miller and Dueñas reactivated his dad before I got here, but they never saw him, until we visited his house. Holy flip this guy was prepared! We taught him a lesson about his baptism covenants and we just felt the Spirit through the entire cita. We got along so well, he invited us to lunch! (that made us super happy, no one feeds us here) He's learning to become a professional chef and move to New York in the future, so we offered to help him out with his English. Hes been studying English and French for the past 4 years, and hes pretty good at English (I cant tell the french, I don't really speak it). He gave us a fantastic lunch and we challenged him to read 2 Nephi 31 (super good chapter) and he read it! Love that kid. We see a lot of potential in him and hopefully we can bring him back.
Now... We also have an investigator named Lili (pronounced Lily). Holy cow... She didn't start opening up to the missionaries until I came in, but she is effeminately the craziest person alive. We had a super good lesson teaching about the restauracion, and we finally offered her to say the last prayer and explaining how to pray. We asked her to pray and she bluntly said no. We promised blessings and reminded her that through prayer, we can learn what we are teaching her is true. After about 7 or so minutes of waiting and trying to get her to pray she finally got up and almost left the room. "Elderes, no voy a hacerlo, oro en mi propio manera". Everything we taught her just went in one ear and out the other. I have a feeling she is going to take a while...
So, tomorrow a bunch of teenagers are going to flip over buses and burn them. I really cant wait for that... To put it bluntly, todo de infierno desatará.
Other than that, I'm still alive and doing well! The bikes are fantastic... Will send pictures, I promise. I keep forgetting my camera
Love you all!
Elder Faber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for supporting Joshua on his mission to Chile. Only positive comments, anything else will not be posted. Have a great day!